If you operate a WordPress site and check with Google, if “This site may damage your computer” is displayed and the search rank has dropped significantly, the site has been hacked.
This time, we will explain how to deal with this situation.
About the meaning of “This site may damage your computer”
If you see “This site may damage your computer” in Google search results, it means your site is distributing some virus, malware, credit card fraud program, etc.
There are two types of Gooogle search results alerts, one that is one level higher than the warning “This site may be hacked by a third party” and is the alert that appears for the most dangerous sites.
Secondary damage when a hacked site is left
Leaving a falsified site due to hacking may cause various secondary damage (damaging other sites and good-willed users). The following are possible secondary damages.
● Becomes a spam mail distribution source, the domain is registered in the black list, and no mail can be sent or received.
● Infects various users’ computers with viruses
● It will be a stepping stone for some online crimes
● It becomes a stepping stone for attacks on other sites
● Scammed fraudulent products on the site
Finding malicious behavior of a hacked site
When WordPress is tampered with, various symptoms appear on the management screen and site access. Here are some typical examples:
● There are user who you didn’t activated
● The number of accesses is increasing or decrease rapidly
* It often appears in the server access log, not in the access analysis.
● The number of emails is increasing rapidly
* This is the case for spam. It often appears in the server access log
● A lot of words and URLs with unknown meanings are written in comments
● A large number of folders and files are increasing in WordPress FTP without your knowledge.
● The site became very heavy
* When a falsified file reads an illegal file, the illegal file distribution may have already disappeared, and the site becomes heavy because this file cannot be obtained.
● Some functions cannot be used on the management screen.
● The site suddenly collapsed
● Can not log in
* There is a possibility that the password of the administrator authority has been rewritten.
Go to the following sites and check the website for viruses
How to deal with “This site may damage your computer”
When this site appears to appear in Google search results, “This site may harm your computer,” it is very dangerous to leave the site as it is.
Once all the site data is backed up, the folderon the server containing WordPress can be changed the permission to 000 (all access is blocked).
Unfortunately, even if it is displayed during construction, it is not possible to stop the execution of all spam mail and automatically generated falsification pages.
Please search malware from inside by our Plugin
WordPress Doctor Malware Scan & Security Plug-in
Check for viruses again
Once the site is restored and first aid is complete, check the site’s infection status again.
Notify Google of site recovery
Viruses and falsification due to hacking are completely eliminated, and when security measures have been taken, the Google Search Console will notify Google that virus removal has been completed.
Register your site with Search Console and request a review of Security Issues.
Check the “Fixed site problems” section and press the request button for re-examination.